Current Municipal Status
Due to recent provincial announcements and the easing of some public health measures, the St. Mary’s Municipal office will re-open to the public starting Monday, June 15th, 2020.
The Municipality is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents, councillors, staff and customers by reducing the risk of coming in contact with the Covid-19 virus. For this reason, new measures have been taken to ensure the safety of customers and staff during the re-opening including:
- Limit of three customers permitted in office at one time with 2 meter distancing requirements in place.
- Additional signage and instructions posted at the front door entrance.
- Floor markers to indicate appropriate distancing when waiting for service.
- Hand sanitizer made available to customers to use before and after transactions.
- Personal protective equipment supplied to staff.
- Encouragement of debit payments, whenever possible, instead of cash.
- No brochures or documents will be kept in the front lobby. If you require a specific document, please ask staff for assistance.
- Expanded cleaning protocols of the front desk area and entrance doors.
The Municipality encourages residents to pay online if possible but understands that this may not be ideal for everyone. It is also asked that if a resident is feeling unwell, that they do not enter the office until any symptoms or illnesses are resolved. If you have any questions, please call the Municipal Office at 902-522-2049.