MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS -2020
The municipal and CSAP elections took place across Nova Scotia on Saturday, October 17, 2020.
As of September 8th, 2020 Nominations are closed for the 2020 Municipal Elections. The Official results were as follows:
The Municipal Elections Office is at the Municipal Office: 8296 HWY 211, Sherbrooke NS, B0J 3C0
WHO CAN VOTE?
Anyone who meets the following requirements is eligible to vote in the 2020 Municipal Election:
- You are 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen on the first advance polling day.
- You have been a resident in Nova Scotia for six (6) months immediately before the first polling day.
- You are a resident of the Town of Antigonish and have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day.
- You are not otherwise disqualified to vote in the Municipal Elections
AM I ON THE VOTERS LIST?
The amended list of electors has been prepared. It is very important that you contact the Returning Officer if, within the last four years you have moved into the Municipality or you have turned 18 or will turn 18 by October 10, 2020 or you were not on the List of Electors at the time of the last Provincial Election. The Municipal Returning Officer is currently receiving applications for additions or amendments to the list by telephone, fax, e-mail, mail or in person.
Electors may find out if they are on the list of Electors by:
- Visiting the Municipal Office between 8:30a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Phoning the Returning Officer at 902-522-2496
WHO IS DISQUALIFIED?
Those individuals who would be considered disqualified to vote in the 2020 Election, include:
- The Returning Officer.
- A person serving a sentence in a penal or reform institution.
- A person who has been convicted of bribery under the Municipal Elections Act in the six (6) years preceding ordinary polling day.
WHEN CAN YOU VOTE?
The Municipality of the District of St. Mary's will be providing three (3) options for Electors to vote.
- Internet voting will be open during the Election Period which is from 12:00 noon on Saturday, October 10, 2020 until 7:00 pm on Saturday, October 17, 2020. The poll will be open 24 hours a day during the Election Period. You will receive a letter in the mail with your PIN and instructions on how to vote.
- Telephone voting is also available. You will receive a letter in the mail with instructions on how to vote by telephone. Access to this method will also be available 24 hours a day during the Election Period.
- You can cast a regular paper ballot on either the Advance Poll Days or on Election Day.
Election Day Polls will be held at the Municipal Office on Saturday, October 17, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Please bring a photo I.D. and your Voter Information Letter to the poll.
WHAT ABOUT ADVANCED POLLS?
The first Advanced Poll will be located at the Municipal Office on Saturday, October 10, 2020 from 12:00 noon - 8:00 p.m.
The second Advanced Poll will be located at the Municipal Office on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 from 12:00 noon - 8:00 p.m.