St. Mary's Recplex
164 Old Road Hill, Sherbrooke, NS B0J 3C0 Phone: (902)522-2646
The St. Mary's Recplex is a modern, multi-use recreation facility. It houses an ice rink in the winter months, a concreate surface floor in the summer and a year round walking track. Ice rentals are available from November through March for skating, hockey or curling. The Recplex is also available for event rentals in the summer.
Take a look at the pdf Recplex Enhancement Project (66 KB) to learn about the latest improvements at the facility.
You can also look at our programming for the Recplex for 2019/2020: pdf Recplex Brochure 2019 2020 (401 KB)
Ice Rental Prices
- Ice rentals require a minimum of 24 hours notice
- Private Rentals - $155/hr ($134.78 plus $20.22 HST)
- Minor Hockey, Schools, Birthday Parties- $125/hr. ($108.70 plus $16.30 HST)
- Prices include use of the Hospitality Room.
Advertising is available to local businesses in the form of a 4ft X 8ft perforated plastic wall board. Signs are displayed on the walls surrounding the ice surface. The cost is $200 + HST per year.
St. Mary's Municipal Transfer Station
150 Cape Geoggan Rd, Goldenville, NS B Phone: 902-522-2659
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 9:00am to 4:30pm
Items accepted at the transfer Station include:
- pdfConstruction and Demolition Materials (69 KB)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- pdfCompost (296 KB)
- Clear Bag Garbage- $2/bag
St. Mary's Fitness Centre
The facility is open Monday to Friday from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
|10 Month Family||$350|
|10 Month Adult||$200|
|10 Month Student/Senior||$150|
|6 Month Family||$200|
|6 Month Adult||$120|
|6 Month Student/Senior||$100|
|1 Month Adult||$25|
|1 Month Student/Senior||$20|
|Daily Adult Drop-In||$5|
|Daily Student/Senior Drop-In||$3|
- Student: Anyone attending any high school/college/university
- Senior: Anyone over the age of 60
- Family: Only direct family members can be counted (mother, father and children up to the age 22)
The Sherbrooke Library is a branch of the Eastern Counties Regional Library System. The Library is also the site for the District of St. Mary's & Area Community Access Project (CAP), housing five public access computers with high-speed internet, and wireless access. Photocopying and fax services are also available. Check out the selection of fiction, non-fiction, genealogy, local history, reference materials, DVDs, videos, audio books, large print titles, magazines, jigsaw puzzles, for all ages. If you are taking a university course on-line, they also qualify to supervise the writing of your exams.
*The Library will be open the following hours this week (February 24-28th): Monday 11am-3pm, Tuesday 11am-3pm, Wednesday 11am-3pm, and Friday 11am-3pm*
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
11 Main Street, P.O. Box 177, Sherbrooke, NS B0J 3C0
Phone: (902) 522-2180
Fax: (902) 522-2580
Website: Eastern Counties Regional Library
Municipal Office Community Room
Contact: (902) 318-7467
The SHOPS room is located in the community wing of St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy and can hold up to 65 people.
- Weekly evening rentals are available from 3 -10pm
- Weekends are available with two weeks notice
- Whiteboard and projector available
- Kitchen has two stoves, two microwaves, fridge, coffee/Tea machines
- Fee is $10 per hour with extra $10 for kitchen use.