Closure Notification from ECRL
Sherbrooke Public Library is closed today, March 25.
March 29, 2023 COTW Meeting
MEETING: St Mary’s Municipal Council
Committee of the Whole
DATE: Wednesday, March 29th, 2023
PLACE: St. Mary’s Municipality
Council Chambers, Sherbrooke, NS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Additions to the Agenda
4. Approval of the Agenda
5. Approval of Minutes Committee of the Whole, March 8th,
6. Business Arising from Minutes
7. Other Matters of Business
a. 2023/2024 Municipal Operating & Capital Budget Draft #3
b. Review of Internal Committees of Council
c. Review of External Committees of Council
d. Appointments to Committees of Council
e. Annual Policy Review
f. In-Camera - Contract Negotiations
Check Before You Burn!
Please check https://novascotia.ca/burnsafe/ before burning!
Call for Accessibility Advisory Committee Members
Thank you - St. Mary's Adult Hockey Sponsors and Supporters
The Municipality of the District of St. Mary's would like to thank all of the sponsors of the St. Mary's Adult Hockey League this season. Our team sponsors for the 2022-23 season were: Liscombe Lodge Resort Nova Scotia, Smokey Hollow General, and Sean Ashe Forestry Consulting. Sanctuary Shore General Store was our referee sponsor. Player of the Game Sponsors are Clarke's Chimney Services, Cornect Family Farm, Roland John MacDonald Trucking Ltd., and GreenUp Tree Service. Ross Screenprint Ltd. helped to sponsor player jerseys. It was a great season featuring some fast pace and competitive hockey. Special shout out to team captains Tyler Hayne, Josh Robinson and Spencer Barron who did a lot of behind the scenes work to keep the league running smoothly. Thank you to Carol, France and Andrew for referring during the season. There is still some great hockey to watch. The teams will hit the ice on Wednesday, March 22nd and 26th to end off the season with a quick tournament. Winner takes all! Come out our and cheer on the players!
Application for 2023-24 Residential Low Income Property Tax Exemption
The Application for the 2023-24 Residential Low Income Property Tax Exemption is now available.
- You must be a Canadian citizen and permanent resident of St. Mary’s Municipality and
- Own the assessed property and occupy it as your home and
- Prior year’s property taxes must be paid in full
- Annual income from all sources for the previous calendar year for yourself, spouse, and other family members that reside in the same household was equal to or less than annual amount set (based on line 150 of the income tax Notice of Assessment)
To get the form go to https://saint-marys.ca/2090-2023-24-application-for-residential-low-income-property-tax-exemption/file.html.