The St. Mary’s Municipal office provides a variety of services which are governed by Council and administered by Staff. The Municipality’s administration operates under a Council - Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) system. The CAO is the senior staff member that reports directly to Council and is responsible for running daily municipal operations.

Address Change

Be sure to receive your assessment notice and tax bill by keeping your mailing address up to date with the pdf Mailing Address Change Form (34 KB) . Mail the completed form to the Municipal Office at P.O. Box 296 Sherbrooke, NS B0J 3C0 or by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Animal Control

Contact either the St. Mary’s Municipal Office (902-522-2049) or Animal Control (902-533-3705) to report a complaint/concern regarding animal control issues.

Applications & Forms

Find the document you need on applications and forms.

Building, Planning & Development

Go to Building, Planning and Development for information on permits, civic addressing, land use and subdivisions.

Dog Tags

Register your dog with the Municipality and you will be issued a tag that is valid for the lifetime of the dog. Drop by the Municipal Office at 8296 Highway #7 today to get your FREE dog tag.


The Finance Department is responsible for coordinating all financial activities of the Municipality including property tax collection, utility payments collection and administering tax sales. The department also takes care of balancing budgets, recording details of revenues and expenditures, financial reporting, procurement and preparing the operational and capital budgets for the Municipality.

Staff Directory

Consult our Staff Directory for the complete listing of all Municipal staff members.

Street Lights

The Municipality of St. Mary’s rents approximately 600 lights from Nova Scotia Power and charges an area rate on the property tax bill for those within the coverage area. New street lights can be installed one of two ways:

To report a street light outage, make sure you have the civic address of the location where the street light is out before phoning one of the following:

  • Nova Scotia Power 1-800-428-6230
  • Your local Councillor
  • Municipal Office (902) 522-2049

Waste Management

Find information on recycling, waste collection and the Municipal Transfer Station at Waste Management.